Saturday, April 30, 2011

Splash Into Summer


I live on Long Island in a town called Island Park; it is surrounded by beaches and boardwalks. My whole life I’ve grown up spending summer days and nights on the beach or on the boat. Living on the water has made swimming and water sports a huge part of my life. Ever since I was 5 I’ve been water tubing and water skiing ever summer. My friends expect to come on the boat every year since it’s my life. Even though I am the biggest “girly girl” I also love to fish, go clamming and crabbing. Since the weather started to break me and my father started cleaning up all of our water sport equipment and we realized it’s time to update our collection. So my dad and I went to Dicks Sporting Goods; we  bought a new pair of skis and a new tube for the boat. I was so excited when we got the new equipment because it means summer is coming soon! Everyone looks forward to the summer for different reasons and every year I look forward to spending everyday on the water. Not only is it exhilarating and entertaining it is also very relaxing just to sit on the boat and enjoy the sea breeze. Every year I see how much I have improved my water skiing ability and I can’t wait to develop better skills this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment