Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dress to Impress

On this upcoming Wednesday I will be going to work with my uncle to NBC universal. My uncle has major responsibilities at work he is the Vice President of Bravo TV. He inspired me to come to St. John’s University and major in business/media. I am extremely lucky to have my uncle help guide me to the path of success. Wednesday I will be going to NBC to have a meet and greet with people of all different job titles. It will help me learn more about the business, the variety of jobs they offer, and how to start off in an entry level job. I am really excited to experience a day in my uncle’s shoes. In school we learn the fundamentals and basics but now I will actually get to experience a regular day at the office. Even though I am not going for an interview, they will still remember how I looked and presented myself. I want to make sure I dress professional and look presentable. They way you appear to people can be extremely crucial in regards to eventually hiring you into their corporation. This week I went to the mall to find the perfect outfit for Wednesday. Since I never had a professional job I didn’t really know what to wear, I didn’t want to look like an immature college student but I also didn’t want to over dress since I was just going for a meet and greet. I went to JCrew and found the perfect outfit. Although it was extremely expensive, I still had to buy it …considering it was the only “formal” clothing I liked.  








I bought two basic items that can be worn with anything .I’m getting an internship next fall and I figured I could also use it for then as well. Jcrew was running a promotion; 20% off of your entire order when your purchase is $150+. It is extremely important to dress to impress because you never know who is going to be your boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment