Saturday, April 30, 2011

Always A Child At Heart


I have a steady babysitting job on the weekends and I am always trying to do different things with the kids. The girls are 8 years old and the boy is 5 years old. Since they are three years apart they the opposite sex, it is so hard to do something they both like. I babysit from 12-5, which means I have to keep them occupied the whole day! Since it is going to be nice next weekend I figured it would be best to enjoy the beautiful weather. I went to the toy section in Target to get some ideas. I can’t get something girly or boyish because one of them would end up unhappy. While I was at target I saw a bunch of unisex toys that would make them both pleased, even myself.














 
   I found a variety of kites, for the girl I bought a princess kite and for the boy I bought a super hero one. It was perfect because it’s something they can both do together.

 I also bought a 3D chalk art kit; although regular chalk is always fun I thought this would be a cool new twist to playing outside. Lastly I bought washable colored bubbles; I have never seen this before so I had to buy it!
When I was buying all of these toys I realized I wasn’t buying them for the children I babysit for, I was really buying them for myself! They are just my excuse to be a kid again. Nothing is wrong with having fun and showing your youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment