Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bloom into Spring ( MARCH 6, 2011)



Finally, the nice weather is starting to break though! This past week it has been beautiful out. Like most people, I find it so hard to stay indoors when it is so nice outside. Since it’s not hot enough to go in the pool or go to the beach I needed to think of something else to keep me busy outside. Randomly I decided that I wanted to make a garden. Not only would it keep me busy outdoors but it is also very rewarding. My family uses a lot of vegetables, so if we plant them we would get a lot of usage out of it. Me and my sister went to a local gardening store and bought all types of seeds. We bought arugula, basil, broccoli rabe, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce.





Considering I never gardened before I was anxious to see the results. Since I am gardening virgin, I thought it would be a good idea if I looked up gardening tips online. Thankfully I came across a few websites with a “gardening how-to-guide”. I decided to I always thought gardening was simple, but I was wrong; it takes a lot of time and effort. Instead of it keeping me busy for a day, it turned out to be a week project. After all the hard work, I cannot wait to see my results; I hope the plants eventually start to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment