Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting ready for that beach body ?







 







As we all know , summer will be here before we know it. Even though there is still snow on the ground the  stores are stocked with the latest bathing suits. I always by my bathing suits as soon as they come out because as soon as summer actually comes all the stores are sold out of bathing suits or my size is on back order. So this weekend I was at the mall and couldn't help but to see all the new bathing suits on display. I was trying them on and realized it would be a perfect time to start going to the gym. In the winter I always wear jeans and long sleeves not noticing in the summer I will not have extra clothes to cover up. Everyone feels a lot better about themselves when they feel fit and toned up, so I decided to join the gym this weekend. Since I have absolutely no motivation I decided to drag my sister with me. Gym memberships can be extremely expensive , especially if you have a package with all the classes included. Since I am a broke college student I went to a local gym by my house and signed up for the basic gym package for $25 a month. The gym at school is actually a great gym but since I don't live at school it is really inconvenient for me to use it. It would save me $300 a year but driving home in the car sweaty for 45 minutes and not being able to shower right after isn't really worth it for me .


People are more concerned about their health and weight then ever before . Gyms make hundreds of thousands of dollars on memberships every year and still people are obese and over weight. Maybe if memberships were a little cheaper it would draw more people in. The Biggest Loser television show is also an incredible motivator. Every time I watch it I can't believe how much weight these people lose. If only we had Jillian or Bob train us everyday. But since that will never happen the gym is the closest thing to it. Since summer is only around the block I figured why not start caring about my body and stay fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment