Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gas inflation


2012 civic coupe

2009 c300


I was babysitting this weekend and as I was driving home I realized I didn't have gas in my car. Before I go somewhere I always make sure I have enough gas but since I took my dad’s car I forgot to look. I babysit about 12 miles away from my house, and I wouldn't have made it home if I were to wait. So I pull up to the gas station and told the guy to fill up the car, after he filled it up he told me I owed him $70. I was in total shock; I couldn't believe how much it cost to fill up a car. Thank god I was coming home from babysitting and I had that much cash on me because I would have been in trouble. It wasn't even like I was driving a truck or an SUV I was driving a small c300. When I got home I told my dad how much the car cost to fill up and he couldn't believe it. I have an SUV which costs a lot of money to fill up as well. Since my car is so bad on gas I had a discussion with my dad about looking for a new car that is a lot better on gas. So now we are in the process at looking for a new car because it cost way too much money to drive around locally. The new 2012 civic coupe get 40 miles to the gallon. It comes out next month and I am looking to purchase it as soon as possible. The sooner I get it the less money I have to spend on gas . They predict the gas to inflate to about $5 per gallon this summer. This drastic gas inflation will cause many people to not travel as much; which is horrible for the economy. Hopefully gasoline starts to stabilize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment