Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Switch it up


It’s my boyfriend’s birthday this week and I decided to think out of the box for his birthday gift. I usually get him something he really wants or needs and this year he didn’t seem to want anything in particular so I thought I would have some fun with his gift this year. We are both obsessed with sushi; the only place we ever go to dinner is to a Japanese restaurant that serves sushi. We try different restaurants all over Long Island. So I figured since us both enjoy sushi so much why not take him to a place that teaches us how to make sushi. I figured to switch it up a bit instead of the chef making it for us I thought it would be more fun to make ourselves. I went to Google looking up the best sushi restaurants in Manhattan who held sushi classes. I came across this place called Sushi Samba, it looked perfect. There are seven different restaurants, all in four great locations: Chicago, Miami, New York and Vegas.  
They offer this class called Sushi and Sake 101. It’s a two hour class on making and eating sushi, and tasting a variety of different Sake. It was very pricey; it cost $85 per person. Although it was very expensive it was well worth it. At Sushi Samba will you find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. The atmosphere is modern, colorful and ethnic.
If you ever need a good gift for someone who loves food then I recommend this place to anyone who enjoys sushi and sake. It is a great way to be a part of a different culture for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment